Tuesday, July 27, 2010

no judgment please :)


i went to see bon jovi, in concert, at gillette stadium in foxborough--and i had a great time! i was a HUGE bon jovi fan back in the day. slippery when wet was the first cassette i ever bought for myself--probably with the little pocket money i would get from my grammy or grampy (thanks guys!). but i was in love, and tunes like "you give love a bad name" just took my breath away and made me dance in that crazy way that 7-year-olds dance. let's not forget, too, that jon bon jovi himself was quite attractive in the hair band circuit, and is still quite attractive!

anyway, i bought all his other cassettes as a child--went back to runaway and then the self-titled bon jovi and then moved on to new jersey, which i have since lost to deterioration (i still have both bon jovi and slippery when wet on cassette and listen to them every once in a while! they're not sounding their best...). then he went solo, then back to the band, and then songs like "bed of roses" came out that made me cringe and long for the old bon jovi. but by the time one wild night came out, i was a fan again. so now that they're back on another stadium tour, i had to go. the current album is called the circle and it was pretty good. but of course, a lot of old favorites were played!

from the 80s: "you give love a bad name," "dead or alive," "livin' on a prayer," "bad medicine," "i'll be there for you"
from the 90s: "keep the faith," "someday i'll be saturday night"
and some new greats from the 00s: my favorite is "it's my life"

so don't judge me for my love of rock and roll (or pop music or anything else that make lee and beth say that i must hate music). it's just another stop in my eclectic music tastes! :)

oh, and check out the article from boston.com on the concert. i agree with what they say, for the most part--the "circle" of the stage was little used, and kid rock just sang a bunch of covers with a couple of his songs--though he had pyrotechnics and bon jovi didn't. except kid rock also gave me horrifying images of pam anderson in my head which took some time to subside... but i do still say--a fun show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment