Friday, October 29, 2010

i can't do it!

read the kjv, that is.

i've basically given up :( it's cumbersome, it puts me to sleep, i pay attention to everything else that is going on around me when i'm reading the book EXCEPT the book itself. to really illustrate how difficult this book has been for me to read, and really show why i've given up--i shamefully admit that i have only finished genesis and exodus.

yes folks, that is only the first two books of the bible. oh, and i've been reading it for about a month and a half now.

i did, however, finish madame bovary and it was lovely. so while attempting to read the holiest book in christendom, i finished and loved a book filled with amorality, lust and lies. :) i recommend it!

3 comments:

  1. M. Bovary was the book I hated more than all other assigned books in high school!
    -Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you can't say you didn't try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know I don't really read your blog, but on this one, I had to comment.

    I could not agree more, the KJV is like reading a operating manual to piece of psychological machinery from 2000 years ago! Perhaps good reference for a devout historian, but it is not actually comprehensible.

    ReplyDelete